Sunday, March 8, 2009

Miss Abby's Birthday!
















No more ribbons and frilly dresses. (Not that she ever liked those anyway!) My beautiful baby girl is now officially a teenager! While I am excited to embark on this new adventure in my life, I am also a bit nervous and intimidated by it. I have a new found respect for my parents, as I watch Abby grow into a young woman. I see so much of myself in her that it sometimes scares me! I am so thankful that my parents and siblings were there for me through my emotional highs and lows (and continue to be there for me). Being a teenager is not easy, and watching Abby's struggles and triumphs brings back a lot of memories. I am so very proud of her for everything she has done! We had Grammy and Uncle Dan over for cake and ice cream. Uncle Bud came by earlier in the day to wish Abby Happy Birthday. Grammy and Opa took Abby out to her favorite restaurant. Red Lobster! It was great to see her so excited to be a teenager!




3 comments:

julinhachr said...

Cool cake! It looks like Abby had a great birthday. You are such a wonderful mother.
-julie

Grammie said...

I have just read all your blogs. I love you and understand some of your feelings. You are a wonderful daughter and mother.

Phil said...

Happy Birthday, Abigail!